Blends together apples, vanilla and cinnamon. Delicious and makes 28.
Preheat oven at 400F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together:
- 1 & 3/4 cup (organic) dark rye flour
- 4 tsp baking powder (magic powder)
In a small bowl, whisk together:
- 1 cup plain yogurt (such as Greek or Balkan style)
- 1 apple: unpeeled and shredded with a grater
- 2 tbsp (raw, organic) honey
- 3/4 cup (olive or grapeseed) oil
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine.
Layer parchment paper over a cookie baking sheet. Drop dough by tablespoon onto parchment paper, 2 fingers apart.
Bake 10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 66, Total Fat: 3.1 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 184 mg, Carbs: 8.5g, Dietary Fibers: 2g, Sugars: 2.7g, Protein: 1.3g
Vitamin A: 1% RDV, Vitamin C: 1%, Calcium: 2%, Iron: 3%
* egg free; wheat-free; low gluten content; dairy-free version: substitute 1 cup water for 1 cup yogurt; net Carbs: 6.5g/biscuit
** inspired by Apple Drop Biscuits (Spelt and Oat/Millet Flour) recipe from Jan/Feb 2010 number of Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Magazine