Savory muffins - fluffy and tasty, and perfect on the go (spark the lunches at work with a bit of the je ne sais quoi that they're usually lacking).
Again, super easy recipe [especially when there's a kid around to grate the zucchini ;)], quick and easy as (almost) always.
Preheat oven at 350F.
Line a 12 muffin tray with cupcake wrappers.
In a large bowl, mix together:
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (such as Greek or Balkan)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt (to taste)
- condiments (to taste: I've used paprika, cayenne pepper, and a dash of garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ~1 1/5 cup grated zucchini (~ 1 medium zucchini)
Mix all the ingredients until just combined, divide the batter into the lined muffin cups and bake for ~ 55-60 minutes (toothpick test!).
Muffins taste even better on the second day - since all the flavors had all time in the world [well, not really, just overnight :)) ] to blend and mix together.