Preheat oven at 350 F.
In a large bowl, melt
- 5 oz (140g) semisweet or sugar-free chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
When completely melted, remove from pan, add in this order and mix well after each addition:
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour mixed with 1 tsp baking powder
Pour the batter into a parchment paper lined 8 in. (20 cm) square pan.
Bake for ~ 30 min.
Nutrients per 1 of 16 servings: Calories: 164, Total Fat: 10.2g, Saturated Fat: 5.8g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 16mg, Total Carb: 17.9g, Dietary Fiber: 1.4g, Sugars: 3.9g, Protein: 3g
Vitamin A: 5%, Calcium: 1%, Iron: 5%
*** For the vegan version of this brownie use:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce for each egg (so 3/4 cup applesauce for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (such as grape seed, light olive oil, etc) instead of butter